UAE is known for having the highest number of Abu Dhabi Speed Limit posted in the world. This is enough to say about the crazy traffic over here. However, the government is determined on making the city the safest place and they are doing a very good job at it. All these speed limits posted are to be taken very seriously by the citizens as there are fines if you do not abide by them.
Table of Contents
Abu Dhabi Speed Limit Contact & Location
To enquire about any questions you have regarding the traffic system you can contact the police station or the integrated transport system.
|Location||Al Maqta area, next to Fairmont Bab Al Bahr Hotel|
Abu Dhabi Speed Limit Fines
The speed limit varies all around the city. However, you will never not be aware of the speed limit in the city or the highway as there are speed limit boards on each road. The maximum speed limit in the city can go up to 100 km/hr. and up to 140 – 160 km/hr. on the Abu Dhabi – al ain highway, and Sheikh Khalifa Highway. However the government take speed limits very seriously and there are serious fines if you do not abide by them. The fines as follows:
- Driver’s license for age 21 and above will be renewed for 2 years.
- Drivers licence for below age 21 will be renewed for 1 year only.
- Seat Belts are a necessity for people sitting in the front and back or will be fined AED 400/- and four black points.
- Children up to 4 years must have a child seat and the person sitting in the front should be 145 cm tall and above 10 years. Failing to do so will get you a fine of AED 400/-.
- Reckless driving will incur a fine of AED 2,000, 23 black points and impounding of the vehicle for a period of 60 days. The same punishment and fine will apply to drivers who endanger the lives of others. Other violations cover: blocking traffic, jumping red signals, sudden swerving and driving without a number plate.
- Drivers driving under the influence will have their license suspended for a year and will serve a jail time in that period or pay a fine. This will be decided by the court.
- Motorcycle riders and motorists who ignore traffic lights will be fined AED 1, 000 and incur a penalty of 12 points and their vehicles will be seized for a month.
- Using Mobile phones while driving will land you a fine of AED 400/-.
Abu Dhabi Speed Limit Buffer
There is no buffer speed limit in Abu Dhabi. However, there will be speed limit sign boards installed on each road to guide you.
Abu Dhabi Speed Limit Paying the Fines
You can pay your fines by either going to the police station, mawafiq office, using the Abu Dhabi police app, or pay it online on the website under vehicle and transportation tab: