How to pay for parking by SMS in Dubai being an extensive city, it has strict rules when it comes to their road traffic and parking. This article will talk about how easy it is to pay for the parking in Dubai and get to know the prices in each zone.
Instruction – procedure
Paying for paid parking in Dubai just got easier by their mParking services. Forget the worry of carrying coins everywhere with you. All you have to do now is send an SMS with your mobile phone and that’s all. The procedure is very simple all you have to do is follow these two steps:
- Sender’s address – Open a new message on the phone and enter 7275 (PARK) in the senders address.
- Message – Type out a message in the following format. Following the correct format is crucial.
<Plate No.><space><Zone No.><space><Duration>
The zone number can be easily found on the orange parking boards placed in the area where you park.
Once you have sent the message you will get a confirmation message that you have paid for the parking.
How to put parking in Dubai for Abu Dhabi plate
However, the format for cars with the number plate of Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, should follow a slightly different format. The senders address remains the same, however the message format is as follows:
<Emirate/Country code><space><Plate No.><space><Zone No.><space><Duration>
Further, when your ticket is about to expire you will get a message 10 minutes prior to it. If you want to extend it for the same duration message them with a ‘Y’ or send a new message with the new duration.
Parking Dubai fines
Fines for parking offences can go up to AED 10,000/-. The fines for different offences are as follows.
|Non-payment of parking tariff, or ticket is not visible.||AED 150/-|
|Exceeding parking time||AED 100/-|
|Obstruction/Misuse of parking facility||AED 200/-|
|Use Forbidden parking||AED 200/-|
|Park vehicle without plate number||AED 1000/-|
|Unauthorized usage of special need parking||AED 1000/-|
|Park vehicle in reserving parking, or not showing a permit||AED 1000/-|
|Harmed or damaged parking, ticket machines or zone plates.||AED 1000/-|
|Removing parking, ticket machines or zone plates without permit||AED 10,000/-|
Parking zone finder
The zones in Dubai are categorised under 3 areas.
- Zone A & B consists of commercial area, costing AED 2 for two hours, AED 5 for two hours, and AED 8 for three hours and AED 10 for 24 hours.
- Zone C & D consists of Non-commercial area, costing AED 2 for two hours, AED 5 for two hours, and AED 8 for three hours and AED 10 for 24 hours.
- Zone E, F, and G consists of special areas.
You can get to know which zone you are in and their exact costs by the parking machines place on the sidewalks in every area, or by the orange paid parking boards placed on the walk ways.
Other ways for you to pay for your parking in Dubai is by:
- By using coins that you insert in the machines placed in every area.
- NOL Card
- Prepaid Cards
- RTA App – All you have to do in download the app, register your number plate, and pay for it. The amount will be deducted from your Balance.